Monday, April 13, 2015

The Child's Question That David Cameron Just Could Not Answer

 
A 10 year old girl beats Britain's finest journalists to ask the Prime Minister the best question of the general election campaign.
So far David Cameron has been grilled by the finest journalistic minds including the BBC’s former grand inquisitor Jeremy Paxman on this general election campaign.
But it took a question from a Year 7 called Reema, who is from Salford, Greater Manchester, on the BBC’s children’s television programme Newsround to leave the Prime Minister unable to find answer.
 

The question was: “If you could pick one politician apart from yourself to win who would it be and why?”
 Mr. Cameron, shifting uncomfortably, answered: “Wow. If I could pick  a politician? Would they have to be living or dead?”
He continued: “If I thought someone else should win the election I would not be standing myself, so I can’t really answer the question about who else I would like to win.
“There are lots of candidates around the country I am very enthusiastic about.
“I am afraid it is too difficult to say I would like someone else to win other than me or I wouldn’t be here, and I am quite keen on winning.”
As Mr. Cameron got up to leave he said: “Top question – it is the best one I have been asked all election campaign.”
The other children asked Mr. Cameron questions on immigration and "what it is like to be Prime Minister" during the programme which was filmed in Bolton last Wednesday.
Newsround is interviewing leaders from all seven parties that appeared in the Leaders' Debate.

1 comment: