Thursday, March 19, 2015

Kerry Washington Covers The March/April Issue of Ebony Magazine


 
Scandal’s Kerry Washington covers the latest March/April issue of Ebony Magazine.
In the issue, which hits newsstands tomorrow, Washington and her fab bob hairstyle opens about her family, career, the death of Michael Brown/Ferguson and dishes on why she broke down #Blacklivesmatter on the red carpet at the Emmy Awards.
Here's an excerpt from her interview in this issue.
 “I was really broken that morning,” Washington recounts of the off-the-cuff interview during which she shared the difficulty of being Black in America. “Watching that funeral, I was just broken. And I take all of who I am into a room. That’s where my mind was that day. I’m not going to let anyone segment me or make me exclude parts of who I am because they may be threatening.”

A photo posted by EBONY (@ebonymagazine) on

No comments:

Post a Comment