Sunday, May 31, 2015

Jonathan Says Alamieyeseigha Made Him Who He Is Today


Former President Goodluck Jonathan has attributed his political success and attainment to the former Governor of Bayelsa State, Mr. Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.
Jonathan made this known on Saturday during a special thanksgiving service in his honour at the St. Peters Anglican Church, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.


He said, “I will not forget to thank Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha. Without him, I would not have been talking about being a former president.

“At a time I was not thinking about being a commissioner in the state, he came to me and said I should run with him. That is why I am here today. So, without him, it would not have been possible to hear about Jonathan.’’

The event was attended by Dickson, Wike, Senator Anyim Pius Ayim, Senator Emmanuel Paulker, CAN President Oritsejafor and Rev. Uma Ukpai, Onyeka Onwenu amongst several others.

Amazed at the large turnout of people, Jonathan, short of words to describe his feelings also said, “After six years in Abuja, I thought Bayelsa people will curse and boo me. Because you are exposed to the decisions of high office and the thought that you may not have satisfied the people, sometimes you think they will curse or boo you. But, instead, the people have decided to celebrate me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment