Thursday, July 23, 2015

Taylor Swift Apologizes to Nicki Minaj: ‘I Missed the Point’ And She Accepts

After yesterday’s tweetstorm, many music fans thought Taylor Swift owed Nicki Minaj an apology and, lo and behold, she gave her one. And Nicki accepted.
Taylor Swift apologized to Nicki Minaj after accusing the rapper of trying to “pit women against each other” following Minaj’s criticism of the MTV Video Music Awards.
Click to see their tweets and the reason for the apology.

“I thought I was being called out. I missed the point, I misunderstood, then misspoke. I’m sorry, Nicki,” Swift tweeted on Thursday. Minaj was quick to accept the apology: “That means so much Taylor, thank you.”
After her “Anaconda” video was not nominated for Video of the Year on Tuesday, Minaj cited the snub as an example of the music industry ignoring the contributions of black women. When Minaj tweeted that her video would have had a better shot at recognition if it “[celebrated] women with very slim bodies,” Swift, whose “Bad Blood” was nominated for video of the year, interpreted the remark was a personal attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment