Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Cara Delevingne: Modeling made me ‘hate’ myself

Super model, Cara Delevingne is ready to kiss the modeling industry goodbye.
“I’m not doing fashion work any more, after having, like, psoriasis and all that stuff,” the 23-year-old supermodel told the UK-based Times about her skin condition. “People would put on gloves and not want to touch me because they thought it was, like, leprosy or something.”
Delevingne, who has become a style icon after having walked the runways for Burberry, Chanel and Fendi, dished that the demands of her high-fashion career left her feeling “hollow” inside, causing her self-esteem to crumble.

“It wasn’t a good time, I was, like, fight and flight for months,” Delevingne explained. “Just constantly on edge. It is a mental thing as well because if you hate yourself and your body and the way you look, it just gets worse and worse.”
Having showcased her acting chops in this summer’s “Paper Towns,” it seems the leggy Brit is shifting gears permanently, focusing on her new leading lady status.
“I have regained respect for myself, in a weird way, and on a movie set is where I feel like I belong,” she said. “If that makes any sense.”

No comments:

Post a Comment