Friday, March 13, 2015

Kathy Griffin Quits Fashion Police


What's with the quitting at Fashion Police? I knew it wouldn't be the same anymore after Joan Rivers passed on.
Kathy Griffin announced on Thursday that she’s leaving Fashion Police just two weeks after Kelly Osbourne announced her departure.(Read here)
The comedian announced the news in a lengthy statement on Twitter, writing, “After 7 episodes of Fashion Police, I discovered that my style does not fit with the creative direction of the show & now it’s time to move on.”
Later in the statement, Griffin said she did not want to contribute to a “culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference.” Fashion Police co-host Giuliana Rancic came under fire last month after she made highly insensitive remarks about singer and actress Zendaya’s dreadlocked hair at the Oscars, saying “I feel like she smells like patchouli oil and weed.” Rancic later issued an on-air apology for her comments, but it wasn’t enough to keep her longtime co-host Osbourne from leaving the show at the end of February.
Read the rest of this entry for her tweet.


“When I chose to step into the shoes of my beloved friend Joan Rives at Fashion Police, I was thrilled to continue her legacy as a woman being brash and eccentric on television,” she wrote. “Listen, I’m no saint - I’m a feminist AND a Gurrrrl who loves an offensive joke or a well-timed barb and you will find plenty in my repertoire. But I do not want to use my comedy to contribute to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference. I want to help women, gay kids, people of color and anyone who feels underrepresented to have a voice and a LAUGH!”
E! confirmed Griffin’s departure and, in a statement to EW, wrote, “We wish her all the best and are grateful for her time on the show, as well as the many laughs that she gave us all.  Fashion Police will return, as scheduled, on Monday, March 30 at 9pm with our talented Co-Hosts Giuliana Rancic and Brad Goreski and Executive Producer Melissa Rivers.  No further information is available at this time.”


No comments:

Post a Comment