Sunday, March 29, 2015

Aretha Franklin Talks About Her Weight Loss Over The Years

The Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin is looking amazing these days! The 85 lb weight loss that she went through after her recent health scare does her body good. She was recently spotted by Kiss Detroit, performing at the Detroit at DTE Energy Music Theatre in Clarkston and she’s still flaunting her slimmer figure!
When asked how she’s maintaining her weight loss, the 73-year-old legend said, “I have diabetes, really, from years ago when I was really badly and grossly overweight. Now, I’m back to my natural size and thrilled about it.” She has stated that being over weight will never happen again.
 

Aretha has struggled with her weight throughout her life, underwent surgery in 2010 for an undisclosed ailment. After being hospitalized, Aretha completely changed her lifestyle and lost 85 lbs. in 2012. At the time, she said on The View, “I feel wonderful, I’ve got more energy, I’ve changed my diet, going to Whole Foods now, getting the best stuff … Dropped the chitlins, drop the ham hocks, getting some — I won’t say better food, I’ll say other food.”
And she’s maintaining her new size the best way she can, by changing her diet — which is a lot easier said than done.
 
“The portion control they have set up for you works wonderfully for me. It helps me to control my weight,” she said. “It’s something that you really, really have to want first of all. Food can be powerful. We’ve got some real good food out here. You can either control it or it’s going to control you.”
In additional to portion control, she exercises frequently, up to four times a week. Keep a lookout for her, as she prefers to work out in public.
 
“I have a little walking regimen that I do in all of the super stores, Walmart, Kmart and Meijers and so on. I walk the whole store, sometimes twice. It depends on how much I need to walk that day. If I need to really walk, I might walk it twice,” Franklin said.
When asked if she’s ever recognized by fans in the stores, she said, “Sometimes people don’t even notice that I’m there. Other times, they’ll do a double take. Sometimes they’ll come over and ask for an autograph.”

No comments:

Post a Comment