Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kanye West Says Living with the Kardashians Made Him Respect Women More



Kanye West has learned a lot about how to respect women from his wife Kim Kardashian and her family. He said "God has an amazing way of teaching people."
He explained that trying to keep up with the Kardashian women taught him a few things about women in general. “When I was a single bachelor rapper, and with the access that I had, I realized that I wasn’t respecting women the way I needed to,” said West.
In the past, West has been criticized for his music lyrics and music videos exhibiting hatred. Now the Monster rapper has learned the error of his ways.
For West, God taught him a valuable lesson about respecting women by dropping him into the Kardashian-Jenner household: “Literally for two years I lived with all alpha females and a daughter, you know? So I had to learn to really do what my mother taught me, and become the man she always knew I could be, and bow as a creative.”

West has taken his lessons well and incorporated them into his work in the fashion world. “Before, when I drove down the street I would see these brands and think they're really desirable for a girl who would dream of one day walking in that runway show or something like that,”Kanye said. “And that's a, you know, dated view and degrading to women, in a way.”
Now, West says he wants to help the world learn that same lesson as well as dole out some fashion tips. “You know those pictures that you see with me getting on my knees in front of the paparazzi to fix Kim’s pant leg?” West said. “That’s what I want to do for the world. I want to get on my knees and fix everyone’s pant leg, if they’ll have me.”
The culmination was his collection for the Kanye x adidas line, which debuted at New York Fashion Week in a show West said was “almost like the Super Bowl of culture.” A group of powerful women were in attendance, including, Rihanna, BeyoncĂ©, Anna Wintour, his mother in law Kris Jenner , the Kardashians and his daughter North West.

No comments:

Post a Comment